Sunday, May 22, 2011

Normal Weight Obesity, Erectile Function and Heart Health

Is the term Normal Weight Obesity an oxymoron?

When I first saw the phrase some time ago, I dismissed it as another full-court press to get people to buy some product, some service, or some load of crap. Now, I’m on board with the label, though not with the context in which I originally saw it... to buy some product, some service, and some load of crap.

NWO which can occur in both men and women, is characterized by having a normal weight on the “outside,” while having the metabolism, heart, lung and muscle health of someone that is morbidly obese. Morbid obesity is commonly defined as being either 50% above one’s optimum weight, or 100 pounds or more overweight. I’d like to take the “morbid” out of the definition of NWO and suffice it to say, you’re slim, but a fat man could out-run, out-ride, and out-fuck you.

Just because you’re in your 40s, 50s or older, and you can still fit into the sky blue, polyester leisure suit you wore on your (first) honeymoon, doesn’t mean you’re in shape, or even sane – after all, you still have that suit in your closet.

Slim people get erectile dysfunction, too. They also get heart attacks, strokes, gall and bladder stones, and ripped off on the finance charges when they buy a new car, just like everyone else.

Some time ago, I met a man with whom I was going to work on a project. My employer had brought us together for the job and he was to be my supervisor. We got along well from the very start and I afforded him the added respect, above and beyond that of supervisor, that I would to any man that was, perhaps 10 years my senior. He was taller than I, but quite trim. Trim enough, in fact, that some months later he wore his military attire – the same he had worn some decades earlier while still in the service – to an affair that I also attended.

In conversation during our first meeting, he made a “well, when you get to my age” comment. For some reason I felt comfortable enough to ask him how old he was. Turns out, he’s a year younger than I. Wow. His skin tone, texture and color were that of a man of 70.

Here I get to brag a bit – I do look younger than my chronology. Not a lot, but I’ve got a full head of mostly black hair and a good complexion. When people – okay, women – play the guessing-ages game, then often take a stab at 50 or 52 for me. I’ll accept that they’re being kind and they’re thinking 55, but still, I don’t look 60, and I don’t intend to, ever.

However, the point is, even HE thought he was older than I – enough older to “when you get to my age” on me. That’s because he FEELS older. As slim as he might be, internally he was an old man. I say “was” because in the time I worked with him he did start on a fitness program. With some time and determination, he can rejuvenate his skin, his heart, his lungs, his muscles, and his... well... we never discussed that, but his wife, the same age as he, is kinda hot and I hope he’s not letting her go “unappreciated.”

Rejuvenation is not just a matter of exercise. Physical activity in the absence of proper nutrition can do more harm than good. Restoring tone to skin, flexibility to blood vessels, and elasticity to heart muscle and other organs all require the proper balance of protein, carbohydrates, fats – yes, some are necessary – and the all important phytonutrients that are derived from a daily dose of vegetables.

All this has to be provided in a body environment that is functioning optimally. Your liver and endocrine systems have to be performing well within operational parameters, that is, not overtaxed by the assault of toxins or overloaded by fats, alcohol, and drugs.

In most cases, being fat is unhealthy. In some cases, being slim isn’t necessary any better, especially if you live a life of sedentary dysfunction. You may be able to eat what you want because you just happen to have the kind of metabolism that prevents you from gaining weight. That doesn't mean that you're healthy. Thinking so may be dangerous.

In short, what promotes heart health, and defeats and prevents erectile dysfunction, will also make you look younger, fell younger, and extend your life in and out of the bedroom. 

I've compiled the most doable protocol for rejuvenation of your body and all the most important parts. It's a cafeteria plan. Select those things you can start right away, add a couple of others that might take some self control. Watch your weight stabilize, the strength return to your body, and approach the stamina of your youth.

HARD! Maintaining Potency, Eliminating Erectile Dysfunction, and Enjoying Healthy Sex for Life is not just for those with ED, but for all men who want to keep functioning throughout their life. A concise and powerful men’s health guide, HARD! provides a protocol for how to do everything right. 

Available at BN.com/Nook, Apple, and Amazon/Kindle.

Also available in all eBook formats for immediate download: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/65109.

No comments:

Post a Comment